Shashideep Singhal, MD, FASGE
Awarded the prestigious Fellow designation by The American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) for significant contributions to the field of Endoscopy.
Dr. Shashideep Singhal joined GICC, P.A. after extensive clinical experience as academic faculty at Columbia University, New York followed by Director of Endoscopy/Advanced Endoscopy (LBJ Hospital), University of Texas Houston.
Dr Singhal's aim is to give priority to his patients before anything else. He has expertise in treating a full spectrum of gastrointestinal, liver, pancreatic and biliary diseases. He performs general and advanced endoscopic procedures. He is always enthusiastic about solving complex cases and providing a second opinion.
He attended medical school at the Delhi University in India, followed by residency training at Chicago Medical School. He completed his fellowship training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology at Brooklyn Hospital Center, New York. He was appointed chief fellow in the last year of his fellowship and gained expertise in advanced endoscopic procedures. He has published several technical reviews and articles in the field of gastroenterology and advanced endoscopy.
Dr Singhal routinely provides care to his patients for:
- Colon cancer screening, colon polyps, resection of large polyps
- Acid reflux, swallowing disorders, peptic ulcer disease
- Crohn’s Disease & Ulcerative Colitis
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Liver cirrhosis, Viral and Non-Viral Hepatitis
- Chronic Pancreatitis, Biliary stones and Stricture
- Gastrointestinal and Pancreatic Cancers
- Unexplained Abdominal Pain
- Hemorrhoids, gastrointestinal bleeding
Dr Singhal routinely performs following procedures:
Colonoscopy, polypectomy, Endoscopic Mucosal Resection (EMR) for large polyps
- Upper endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Endoscopic suturing / stenting, closure of leaks and fistulas
- Endoscopic feeding tube placement
- Endoscopic - Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) for acid reflux
- Endoscopic dilation of Achalasia
Dr. Singhal's Videos